About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Monday, June 2, 2014

Green Eggs and V.A.M.

Statisticians seem to agree that V.A.M. lacks merit.  Even a Gates-funded study came to the same conclusion.  Yet, U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan, clings to it like the last good idea left on earth.  Perhaps we should invent a V.A.M. for politicians since some of them seem so gosh-darn fond of it.  We could see how much value is added to people's income and happiness, holding other variables constant.  We could use these measures to remove politicians from office as if they alone are responsible! Now, how much do you think they like the idea?  

In Duncan's honor and in the honor of all the other good people who lack the imagination to dream of something better, I dedicate these selections from Green Eggs and V.A.M.




                                                   "Arne, who wants to harm me, you let me be!"



"I will not eat them in a school.  I will not eat them with a fool!"
                                "Try them.  You will like them.  You will see."  


"Oops, I was wrong.  I told a tale.  For you see, you fail.  
Sorry to say, you are fired!  Now, who wants to be hired???"

No comments:

Post a Comment