About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

On the Mysterious Powers of My Clipboard




I have a clipboard.  It's been one of my best investments in life.  It's held up for twenty-four years.  It's witnessed me teach kids, some older than myself at the time, in Michigan as well as five thousand kids in NY City.  I have the sense they don't make clipboards like that anymore.

In addition to its sentimental value, it has great practical value.  It holds lesson plans, my calendar of lessons, lists of future assignments, all kinds of stuff I'm in the middle of, a few hidden treasures and almost anything I need.

The other day we were considering dates to collect our uniform project.  Our A.P. wondered which days we had to give our uniform midterms.  Can you guess who had that information?  It was my handy-dandy clipboard.  Chalk another one up to old clipboard!  (Oh, wait, I forgot we don't have chalk anymore!)

Between the bags I tote and that extra-special clipboard, I've got the equivalent of Mary Poppins' carpetbag.  Almost anything for which a student or teacher can ask is only an arm's length away.  And, yes, it doesn't hurt to have a spoonful of sugar, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment