About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Monday, November 17, 2014

The Ed. Deform Game


Based on Dominic Behan's "The Patriot Game" and presented with sincere apologies to Old Ireland and the Original Lyrics of this song... 

Come all ye young teachers, and list while I sing,
For the love of one's test scores is a terrible thing.
It banishes fear with the speed of a flame,
And it makes us all part of the Ed. Deform game.

My name is Yo Teacher, and I'm just very green.
My home is in N-Y-C, and where I was weaned
I learned all my life cruel Tenure to blame,
So now I am part of the Ed. Deform game.


It's nearly two years since I wandered away
With the local battalion of the bold T-F-A,
For I read of our heroes, and wanted the same
To play out my part in the Ed. Deform game.

This System of ours has too long been half free.
Some students fail under public school tyranny.
So I gave up my teaching to prep and to train
To play my own part in the Ed. Deform game.

They told me how ATRs were daft in the head,
Their lack of teaching has too long been fed.
Their weak thoughts so twisted, all scattered and lame
They soon made me part of the Ed. Deform game.

And now as I lie here, my brain is all holes 
I think of those teachers who bargained and sold
And I wish that the VAM scores had given the same
To those Quislings who sold out the Ed. Deform game.

No comments:

Post a Comment