About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Thursday, April 17, 2014

A New and Improved VAM Formula!


Some Old Formulas:

1.  Formula for achievement level at age t:

2.  Formula for comparing current with prior achievement:


3.  Formula for NYC Value-Added Model:
It is great to be judged by the test scores of others even though there are so many factors that are totally out of my control.  I could probably name in a matter of minutes a few hundred factors in the lives of my students over which I have absolutely no control.  I have decided, however, to include just a few here for my
New and Improved VAM Formula: 


Ast=βupXid+βidPiot=βpubTlic+λsc­Ahool+√te+∫ac+φher+n0!

The new formula introduces variables which take into consideration all of the factors below: 



















No comments:

Post a Comment