About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Friday, April 4, 2014

Way to Go, O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A! Sooner, Better than Later!


Oh, what a beautiful morning!  Recently, Indiana rejected the Core.  Now, Oklahoma, the first to sign on in June of 2010, seems well on the way to doing the same.  Oklahoma has decisively passed bills in both houses to drop the Core like a hot potato.

Since primarily businessmen seem to sell us the Core,  I would hope they soon realize people don't want their product.  Although they've invested a lot of money, in a capitalist economy, you don't foist products upon people when there is no demand and no foreseeable way of generating it, short of massive injections of more federal "bribe" money in the form of grants.  It's un-American!

I think many more states will reject the Core, opting for their own state standards.  I'm guessing most people who support the Core opt their kids out by way sending their kids to ritzy, private schools or they currently have no children subject to this educational debacle.  Core principles might sound good on paper to some...until you have to dip your own child into it and all its attendant, inappropriate testing and test prep.  It could suck the life out of anyone!

I'm guessing my home state will be one of the last to opt out given its tenacious cling to InBloom.  Yet, I have faith that New York, too, will reject the Core some day.  Meanwhile, while I'm waiting, I'll be singing my own version of Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Oklahoma"!

Oklahoma, where the Core comes creeping in like pain,
Where the Fed mandates don't really rate,
When the Core cuts right into your brain.
Oklahoma, every night my honey lamb and I,
Sit alone and stress about some test,
Fillin' crazy bubbles 'fore we die. 

We know we belong to Gates
And the Gates we belong to ain't great
And when we say
Yeow!  A Yip-I-O-EE-AY
We're only say-in "you're doing fine Oklahoma OK."


No comments:

Post a Comment