About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Friday, April 11, 2014

Not Even God Himself Can Sink the Core!




Captain King Boldly Sails The U.S.S. Common Core Ahead On Its Maiden Voyage Towards the Now-Deserted InBloom Island Despite Warnings to Turn Back!


 


Commissioner King spoke at NYU yesterday with Arne Duncan planted firmly at his side.  He said, "Despite some anecdotal evidence of poor implementation in some places, the commission said that New York must stay on schedule and stay on track toward higher standards...we're not going backwards.  We're not retreating." 


 


I wish he would turn back for his own sake.  I also wish he would realize that poor Mr. Osterweil, the teacher who inspired him early in his career, would probably like the Core no better than me.  Apparently Mr. Osterweil had the class read the New York Times and perform A Midsummer Night's Dream.  I am sorry, but I don't see these kinds of things happening much with the Core.  I feel the Core killing creativity in the classroom.  I feel the Core killing young minds with its six days of test questions that massacre 70% of our children.  I see the Core closing down young minds to the love of learning.  I shiver to think of it, but I see Mr. Osterweil rolling over in his grave, but I also know he would somehow try to forgive Mr. King for his good intentions.  Teachers are like that!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment