About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

She Doth Teach, With Apologies to the Bard of Avon


O, She Doth Teach The Students To Test Right !

(based on Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet, Act I, Scene V)


Soliloquy of a Broad-Trained Superintendent upon First Seeing a Charter School with Contrived Data


O, she doth teach the students to test right!
It seems she keeps them in a ghastly fright
Like a discordant sound in someone's ear;
Data rich for abuse, for failure to fear!
So shows a charter wolf wearing sheep's clothes,
As yonder school o’er her fellows shows.
The measure done, I’ll eye her spreadsheet fine,
And, touching hers, worship grades so divine.
Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight!
For I ne’er saw true data till this night.



No comments:

Post a Comment