About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Monday, April 28, 2014

If I Only Had the Common-Core Diploma!

Do you ever wonder what we did before we had "The Core"? How did we survive?  L. Frank Baum might tell us we were very much like the Scarecrow, the Tin Man or the Cowardly Lion before they earned their rewards from Oz.  


If I Only Had the Core (Based on Ray Bolger's Classic)

I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the scholars,
Consultin' Pearson's store.
And my head I'd be testin'

while my mind is busy stressin'
If I only had the Core.
I'd suffer all kinds of troubles, fillin' in nasty bubbles,
In grade three or in four.
With stuff that's really ratin',
you could strut about Bill Gaitin'
If you only had the Core.
Oh, I could tell you why the pineapple's no more.
I could think of things I never thunk before.
And then I'd sit, and think some more.
I would not be just a nothin' my head all full of stuffin'
My brain an open door.
I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding-a-derry,
If I only had the Core. 


See Below:  The Scarecrow Gets His Common-Core Diploma.

As Gates, the Great and Terrible, might inform us, "Where I come from they have Common-Core aligned schools (aside:  but my kids won't attend them), seats of great test prep where men go to become great test takers and when they come out they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have!"





No comments:

Post a Comment