About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Thursday, April 3, 2014

An Education Spring Has Sprung!




If I had read the news on Leonie Haimson's NYC Public School Parents site on April 1st, I am sure there is no way I could have taken it as anything less than an April Fool's Day joke.  After all, didn't Bill Gates and Arne Duncan agree to debate Diane Ravitch the other day, according to her site?  April Fool's Day!  But the news today appears to be true.  NY State has finally opted out of InBloom.


Ode to joy!  No longer does my state stand out as the last open door for a thankless student data-mining system, far from impervious to hackers.  A link in the chain has been broken.  A major battle has been won.  A mobilization grassroots style has proven that the power of the purse may not always outweigh the power of the people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment