About Me

My photo
A concerned member of the human race

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Blogger with Doggers...and Once a Cat!

 

You might imagine that I comfortably settle down to ed. blogging after the children are in bed.  True.  You might think the house is relatively quiet then.  Here, you are wrong.  As I type, I am often in the violent throes of tug of war with a spry pup named Midnight, Middy, for short, formerly of North Shore Animal League.  When his elderly and gigantic cousin, boarding in our house and heart for two years, is too tired to play, I serve as a close second.  

And just to prove to you memories never die, twenty-one years ago to this day, March 26th, I adopted my first pet from North Shore Animal League, a cat named Chelsea ("Woke up, it was a Chelsea Morning and the first thing that I heard...").  In memory of that day and that cat, here is a poem written for her many years ago by my father.  



No comments:

Post a Comment